Sunday, March 6, 2016

Amazing BBQ Sauce with THM Modifications - Favorite Recipes

For many, many years I tried to make the perfect BBQ sauce and failed so many times I was ready to settle for just an edible sauce.  The foodie in me was stubborn and unwilling to try a ketchup based sauce so I kept on buying my favorite Sweet Baby Rays.  But one day, I relented and made this sauce and have never looked back.  It is amazing and made with a ketchup base but so amazing the foodie in me just doesn't care anymore.


Amazing Bar B Q Sauce

1/4 cup diced onion
1 tbsp oil
1 clove garlic (or more to taste) or equivalent granulated garlic

2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce (I sub Braggs here)
1 tbsp liquid smoke
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Saute onion in oil until soft.  Add garlic and saute another minute.

Add remaining ingredients to blender along with garlic and onion mixture.  
Puree until smooth.

Yes, it really is just that simple.  

THM modifications:  Substitute with sugar free ketchup. There is a good recipe in the THM cookbook for ketchup or you can buy one.  Make sure you use blackstrap molasses and I like to use coconut oil to saute the onion and garlic in. This would be an E recipe.

I wish I could give credit where it is due, but I really do not know who created this recipe.  I've been making it for years so I'm guessing I found it in a cookbook and not pinterest. If this is your creation, I thank you from the bottom of my BBQ loving heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment